Saturday 25 June 2011

The lost music

When looking for new music to stand out from the crowd I always find myself going into artists' back catalogue further and further.  There is so much more great music in people's back catalogues that gets forgotten about, I can't understand why!

I find its the best way of getting to know new artists by delving into their history... There seems to be so much more concentration on getting the very latest tracks and its almost frowned on to play the tracks that are between 'new' and 'classics'.  Its interesting to see how artists have developed over the time as well, moving between genres which prompts surprise from people when you tell them who made it...

I say bring back all those lost tracks and get people remembering and buying them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment