Friday 27 May 2011

Swedish House Mafia

Strange topic you might think for a blog like that this which seems fairly underground... Well my girlfriend and I are going to see them play this Sunday night at Alexandra Palace.  I am genuinely curious about the night - how its going to be programmed and who will be attending...

I am expecting to be surrounded by late teens who have heard 'One' on the radio and think it is the best thing ever, and expecting to hear a fairly commercial warm up set from whoever is doing it - and thats ok.  Its not pretending to be pretentious or anything its not.  I mean its a shame they probably won't bring Adam Beyer along to do that part but never mind...

I have nothing against the three guys, all of whom have produced some quality records before they joined up, and I have nothing against anyone riding on success - I would do it if I had the chance!

I just really hope the night isn't just boshing out and there are some surprising moments...  Maybe i'll even find that energy (see below post!)...

Most of all I hope I can convince the gf to let us go to an afternoon party, after all it would be a shame to waste the time... ;-)  Event review on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment